International Print Day will be celebrated on 18 October 2018 and this year’s theme is all about collaboration.
Printing SA encourages all members to participate in International Print Day’s global 24-hour celebration on Wednesday, October 17. The day is aimed at highlighting the creativity, importance and power of print and paper, and is celebrated by both the trade and its supporting industries. As well as using the hashtag #IPD18, print enthusiasts are invited to engage with the event by using #PrintWith as part of this year’s focus on collaboration and working together to make projects and products even better.
Why do so many people love Print?
Print promotes literacy and education
- Research has found children remember more details from stories they read on paper than stories they read in e-books.
- 65% believe that reading news in a printed newspaper provides a deep understanding of the story
Print is enjoyable, relaxing, and practical
- 72% prefer reading books in print
- 69% think it’s important to ‘switch off’ and enjoy printed books and magazines
Print is safe, secure, sustainable, and trusted
- 71% are increasingly concerned that their personal information held electronically is at risk of being hacked
- 73% keep hard copies of important documents filed at home as they believe this is the most safe and secure way of storing information.
Trink… We lead the way